On July 19, 1876, the Religious of Saint-Vincent–de-Paul (then called Brothers of Saint-Vincent-de-Paul) accepted the direction of the Saint-Joseph Patronage founded in 1859 by a young abbot of the diocese of Lyon: Célestin Monier.
Abbé Monnier had installed his patronage where it still is: 13 rue Victor Duchamp, which was then called rue Saint-Michel, on January 27, 1867.
Today the Saint-Joseph Community of Religious of Saint-Vincent-de-Paul animates the Chapel of the Immaculate Conception, the patronage of Saint-Joseph and the Center Clément Myionnet.
Father Jean Tardy
Father Emmanuel du Boisbaudry: Chaplain of the Patro des Filles
Father Obed Kulanguluka: Chaplain of the Patro des Garçons
Brother Bruno Cautain: Director of the Patro
Brother Michel Colomb: Director of the Clément Myionnet Center
Original work of the House Patronage welcomes boys and girls from Saint-Etienne and its region. It is a place of fulfillment where the child learns to grow with respect for all, in a spirit of service. The patronage is led by the Religious of Saint-Vincent-de-Paul in a Christian spirit, open to all, whatever their religion.
Since 1892, the Center Clément Myionnet welcomes 3 afternoons per week all those who suffer from loneliness, those who are on the street, in short, all the poor who come looking here a little friendship and of course a good hot meal, clothes and various services that they could not “afford” elsewhere.
Click on the photo to find out more: