At a time Head quarter of our Congregation and Provincial House of France.
This is where the sanctuary dedicated to Our Lady of La Salette which was built by Father Le Prevost. It is there that he rests and, next to him, our first priest and martyr the future Blessed Henri Planchat.
To access the parish website, click on the photo
Father Gilles Morin – Provincial of France
Father Philippe Mura – Superior of the Community and Pastor of the Parish
Father Jacques Germain – Vicar
Father Jean-Louis Singanin – Chaplain of the Foyer Le Prevost
Brother Patrick Lambre – Provincial Secretary
Brother Jean-Marc Miele – Director of the Foyer Le Prevost
La Parish of Our Lady of La Salette of Haut-Vaugirard awas erected by the Archbishop of Paris on December 19, 1965 and naturally entrust to Religious of Saint Vincent de Paul, already present in this district for more than a hundred years.
The present church was blessed and inaugurated on September 19, 1965,on the feast of Our Lady of La Salette and dedicated by Mgr Eric de Moulins-Beaufort, then Auxiliary Bishop of Paris, November 15, 2015 (see video opposite).
To access the parish website, click on the photo opposite
In gratitude for many graces received through the intercession of Our Lady of La Salette, Mr. Le Prevost decided to build a chapel on land then called « the field of La Salette ».The completed chapel was blessed on September 18, 1858. The next day, the anniversary of the Apparition is celebrated there for the first time.
The Prevost Home is intended for the accommodation, during a school year, of boys from 18 to 24 years old, pursuing a cycle of studies in Paris. It offers, in a pleasant district, a framework for study and pleasant common life where the values of conviviality and mutual aid are not empty words.
We welcome and accommodate around thirty students willing to maintain, alongside their studies, a link with the life of our Christian community of Notre Dame de la Salette.
In effect Foyer Le Prevost is a catholic home managed by the religious community of Saint Vincent de Paul. Established in the Haut-Vaugirard district for more than 150 years, and having always exercised great attention there to the Parisian youth but also to the young provincials coming to be formed in Paris, the community of the Religious of Saint-Vincent de Paul has for founder Father Jean-Léon Le Prevost whose home bears his name.
September 19, 1846, the Virgin Mary appeared on the mountain of La Salette to two children.
At the same time, the first Brothers of St-Vincent de Paul, the founder, Jean-Léon Le Prevost and the first brothers, Clément Myionnet and Maurice Maignen, began their work of evangelizing the workers and the poor.
Mr. Le Prevost has always been convinced thatthe appearance of La Salette was a confirmation of the charism of the nascent Congregation and it was only natural that devotion to Our Lady of La Salette was spread throughout our institute.
In the last years of his life, after his priestly ordination, Monsieur le Prevost liked to call himself a Priest of La Salette.
For more information on Notre-Dame-de-La-Salette, click on the image
On the occasion of the 50th anniversary of the founding of the parish of Notre-Dame de La Salette in Paris, the newly renovated church was consecrated by Bishop Eric de Moulins-Beaufort in the name of the archbishop. this very special celebration of the dedication took place on Sunday, November 15, 2015.